Wind power is one of the most modern means for power generation and is becoming popular day by day for it being the renewable energy source and clean compared to other sources of electricity generation.
The wind-energy suppliers offers some benefits and advantages to the consumers, and above all, it keeps the surroundings clean as there are no waste products and the wind mills themselves add a feeling of beauty to the whole place.
Let us have a step by step look at the advantages of using the wind energy.
Reasons for the popularity and likeness of the wind energy
- The first and the most beloved feature of the wind mills usage for energy generation is them being emission free. Like other energy sources that emit vast organic wastes and fossil combusted smoke, the wind mills keep the environment clean. Therefore helping in keeping the acid rain away, decreases the likelihood of the diseases like asthma, lowering the problems of greenhouse gases.
- The world is on the verge of losing its water reserves soon which is why any amount of water we can save is a blessing. The conventional power sources such as the nuclear, coal or gas fire ones make use of huge amount of water for the cooling purposes. But the wind energy doesn’t require any percentage of water in the production.
- Unlike coal and natural gas power generators, the wind comes free. This source wind could be used easily for power production and thus saves several billion dollars for the country. The wind energy at the moment is the third most popular and productive source of electricity generation.
- Wind power is creating sufficient jobs. In the year 2016, the consensus of the employees showed that the wind energy sources employed about 101,000 employers from throughout the US and is thus helping nation progress better each day.
- There are potentially no fuel costs involved in the power produced by the wind energy. It is, therefore, saving a lot of billions for the country that was previously being spent on the conventional energy sources.
These are the few main reasons for wind energy being liked and used a lot. However. Like every other energy source, wind source also poses some challenges, yet these problems are comparatively less harmful and less threatening than the rest of the power sources.
Let us have a brief look at these challenges by the wind source.
- The initial cost for plantation of the wind mills is comparatively too high.
- This source is highly dependent upon the availability of wind. If you have the wind, you have power; else you have to wait for the wind to come. This is one of the main reasons for the wind energy sources from gaining the top ranks in the production sector.