The time interval between sustaining an injury and contacting your personal injury lawyer is considered to be very crucial for the success of your lawsuit filing. This is when you gather evidences and witnesses in your favor from the incident spot. In many instances you might not be able to think of these procedures due to circumstantial reasons. You might be critically injures, you might have become unconscious till you were taken to the hospital or some other reason could have been responsible for inaction on your part. Even in such cases you need not panic. Make sure that you contact your lawyer at the earliest.
by the Personal Injury Lawyer
This comes a critical phase when you have been unable to get hold of any evidence before approaching your lawyer. The site www.yourlawyer.com lists out some of the most experienced lawyers specializing in cases of personal injury. They can conduct the spot investigation to give the best of benefits.
- Preliminary investigation by your lawyer can reveal the most critical evidences at the incident spot. He will submit them to forensic scanning and analysis for preparing a detailed report. He might also contact the probable witnesses who might be ready to appear in the court of law in your favor.
- Based on the reports, he will prepare a document which needs to be approved and signed by you. Then submits it in the court of law. His arguments in the trial proceedings will be primarily based on this document and the evidences as well as witness testimonials.
Pre lawsuit Negotiations
Your lawyer may try to negotiate with the defendant (person at fault) and his lawyer, if he is approached by them. At the same time he makes an effort to get the settlement of claims from the insurance company. If he is able to get the desired results during the negotiation, you will be able to save the time and effort needed for the legal pursuit.
Lawsuit and the Trials
- The lawsuit against the defendant and the claim for insurance runs simultaneously at the court of law. Your lawyer will be able to prove the liability of the defendant and the validity of your claim based on the strength of the evidences and testimonials of the witnesses.
- The battle for getting the insurance claim could be more complex in nature, owing to the stubborn nature of some of the insurance agencies. Hence your lawyer needs you to follow the legal procedures strictly by the book. For this you need to report the incident to the insurance company immediately. You can also submit an online form, staking your claim for the assured claim money. Make sure that you have attached a copy of all the transactions that happened with the company till the date of filing for claims.
- Once the judgment is issued in your favor, your lawyer will be able to get the compensation deposited to your bank account according the legal procedures advised by the court of law.